Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mac OSX 10.5.2 Freezing Intermittently

I've been having an issue with my MacBook (you know, that computer I hide under my desk most of the time) where intermittently, the UI will freeze up for a period of a minute or so and then return to normal.

I came across an article detailing how to reset the PRAM and NVRAM that seems to have resolved the issue.

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

No comments: