Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blackberry 8800 software update - where are you?

There is nothing more frustrating than a buggy handheld device - except for close to 5 months of bugginess! I've been a Blackberry user for years now and I've always been impressed with RIM's ability to crank out fixes and updates - that is, until the 8800. I picked mine up on March 31st, 2007 (no thanks to the 2 month hold-up), and within a few days had experienced a number of NullPointerExceptions, random other crashes, freezes, etc. "No worries, they'll fix it soon" I said - now, months later, I'm left wondering when they are going to fix all these issues!

I've heard rumors of a 4.3 handheld code for the 8800 - thats nice and all, but the 8800 has some serious flaws that deserve some fixes, sooner rather then later.

Am I the only one who has serious problems with this device?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you maybe the only one.

Anonymous said...

Often crashes when trying to call sometimes. Often need to replace battery to get thing working again. Tonight it wouldn't boot up, took the battery out for a while, and then it would restart. Maybe its just the two of us.